Cette année, notre soutien à la clinique de la mission Consolata en Éthiopie est encore plus important.
Depuis 25 ans, Top Glass soutient la clinique de la Mission de la Consolata en Éthiopie, à Alemtena.
Chaque année, nous faisons un don important, en utilisant le budget qui comprend les cadeaux de Noël pour les clients, pour soutenir les activités médicales et de prévention pour toute la population des villages autour de la Clinique.
En plus des activités quotidiennes, cette année, la Clinique a également organiser et mettre en œuvre toutes les mesures de protection nécessaires pour éviter la transmission du Coronavirus.
Malheureusement la quarantaine a entraîné la perte de travail pour de nombreuses familles. Cela a signifié l’incapacité de nombreuses personnes à avoir accès à une alimentation adéquate et le développement de maladies liées à la malnutrition.
Malgré cela, le travail normal de la clinique n’a jamais cessé. Elle continue à fournir des services à la communauté.
Le programme comprend des examens et des services de laboratoire, des médicaments, des vaccinations, la prévention de la tuberculose, des thérapies et la prévention du VIH, des programmes de distribution de nourriture supplémentaire pour les enfants souffrant de malnutrition.
Dans la lettre ci-dessous, ils nous ont donné un aperçu détaillé de toutes les activités réalisées.
Cette année, notre soutien est certainement encore plus important.
Pour faire un don à la clinique, nous rapportons les coordonnées bancaires:
Beneficiary Name: Society of Missionary Sisters, Servants of Holy Spirit
Bank: Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
Bank Address: Addis Abeba Branch
Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
International Banking Division
P.O.Box 255, Addis Abeba , Ethiopia
Swift Code: CBETETAA
Purpose of Payment: Donation for the support of the Meky hospital in Alentema
Nous publions la dernière lettre reçue de la mission avec la description des activités réalisées au cours de l’année 2020.
Greetings from Alemtena. As the year 2020 is going to the end we reflect what have had happened during this time.
I would like to thank each one of you on behave of our beneficiaries for your constant prayer and financial support we always received. With your generous support we continue to serve 25,886 people giving them good quality of preventive and curative service in our Medium Clinic and villages around.
With the spreading of Covid 19 disease all over the world our lives has change in the direction we do not want or accept. We ask ourselves why this happened …..what is the reason of that……what we have to learn from this experience…
Still each day people are dying because of this virus, maybe our friends, neighbors, our family members pass away unexpected …..no time to say goodbye …..no time to grieve…… no time to accompany them the last way.
Our hope never deceive us and we strongly believe that the time will come when God will wipe away our tears and take away our sorrows.
Our work in the clinic also had change and we need to respond to the need of our people whom we serve.
Was time when, because of quarantine, people lost jobs and family do not have food to eat so we were providing them with necessary food items.
Many people got sick ,because of lack of good food and no resistance of body to any infection or bacteria.
Our staff is giving necessary trainings for people on how to prevent our self and our families from the Covid 19.
The staff got necessary training organized by Ethiopian Catholic Secretariat in Addis Abeba to strengthen the awareness among people about the symptoms and results of the sickness.
We are providing masks and disinfectants, soap and powder soap to give the minimum protection from the virus.
Our patients who are entering the mission and clinic compound are check with temperature and there is also place for washing the hands. This actions are strictly observed. Instead of all we continue our routine preventive and curative services daily. Many patients are coming to ask for basic information and supplies for protection.
Nobody until now was sent back without getting essential help.
– 15,765 patients received medical treatment, laboratory and pharmacy service
– 4,563 children <1 year old were vaccinated in the clinic and in 6 surrounding villages.
– 2,124 pregnant women received TT vaccine preventing Tetanus
– 2,102 women attended ANC /Antenatal care/. All of them were included in PMTCT program/Preventing Mother to Child Transmission of HIV virus/.
All pregnant women received free anemia preventing drugs and vitamins.
– 103 attended VCT with 1HIV positive case. There were many others who volunteered for testing but due to the lack of diagnostic kits we were not able to provide other service for them than counseling. The kits are distributed by government health institutions only. Unfortunately we have no influence on the amount of kits provided.
– 436 patients entered PIHCT program with 2 HIV positive cases
– 4,473 children < 5 years old attended growth monitoring sessions with malnutrition assessment. Children in need were provided with supplementary food.
– 5,152 sick children were treated for various diseases, mainly respiratory truck infections, diarrhea, skin infections and malnutrition.
– We continue providing 24 hours delivery service and PNC.