The Top Glass internal laboratory is equipped to perform mechanical, fire-resistance and dielectric tests on finish profiles in addition to the acceptance testing of incoming raw materials. We thus ensure compliance to the highest standards in product quality and traceability.
These tests are important because they ensure compliance with product technical requirements and international standards.
Our qualified technicians determine the main mechanical characteristics such as resilience and resistance to traction, flexion, compression, shearing, and fatigue as well as performing all the dimensional examinations.
In addition to mechanical testing, we use other equipment to run electrical tests, such as measurement of the breakdown voltage to derive an estimate of electrical insulation properties, liquid penetration testing and resistance tracing.
Finally, we use extremely reliable instrumentation to perform all the internal testing applicable to risk assessment and implementation of systematic process-oriented procedures, namely:
- Viscosity testing
- Measurement of specific weights and reinforcement materials
- Calculations related to reactivity and jell and curing time (SPI tests)
- Verification of thermal properties and degree of curing (DSC – Differential Scanning Calorimetry)
- Fire exposure testing
- Measurement of the oxygen index (LOI test)
- Chemical-physical and grammage analysis of the various types of glass fibre
- Analyses and testing of water absorption
- Microscopic optical analyses
- Measurements of superficial hardness, both on finished products and moulds